Assistant Cider Maker
Job Type: Part Time - Full Time
Location: Coyote Hole Ciderworks Production Facility - Mineral, VA
The Assistant Cider Maker duties are to provide cider production support from crushing to packaging. Excellent time management, organization and problem solving skills are crucial skills required for this position. Hard work, dependability and mutual respect are core values required for success in the company. This position starts off as part-time and can work into full- time. Flexibility to work when needed is a must and this position will require working some weekends as needed.
We are looking to build an Events Team that will take our cidery facility to the next level. Coyote Hole Ciderworks hopes to share our passion for cider and the love for the Lake Anna lifestyle with our guests. Our concept is simple; celebrate our local bounty by crafting great local ciders, creating a warm and welcoming space where guests can relax, slow down and enjoy the lake life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help the head cider maker perform all cider making processes in a safe and efficient manner. This includes but is not limited to:
- Sorting, crushing, pressing and transferring cider
- Cider evaluation and preparation for fermentation including target adjustments
- Pitching yeast and nutrients as required
- Monitoring gravities, temperatures and carbonation levels
- Racking, filtering and carbonating
- Cleaning of used empty kegs
- Packaging of ciders into kegs, cans and bottles as needed
- Inventory management to ensure constant supply of cider making items such as: yeasts, nutrients, bottles, caps, labels, keg collars and more
- Proper cleaning and sanitation of production area and all production equipment including: tanks, fittings, gaskets, pumps, hoses, floors and more
- Communicate regularly and efficiently and arrive to each shift on time and with a positive attitude
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation and upkeep of equipment, maintaining quality control throughout all aspects of the cider making and production processes will be a focus on this position
- Maintaining records of the cider, it’s movement and progress through the hard cider making process, inventory of raw materials and finished product on hand
- Responsible for ensuring that security procedures are adhered to throughout the facility
- Help with maintaining orchards and grounds (pruning, harvesting, etc...)
- Field trips to other orchards and cideries
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (college degree desired)
- Desired Experience: 3-5 years in a similar or related field, this can include home brewing experience
- Have a basic understanding of Excel, Word, Google Docs and the ability to learn cider making web based programs quickly and efficiently
- Age: Over 21 only
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms; climb or balance on ladder; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 55 pounds and move kegs which close to 165 pounds.
We are a small family owned hard cider producer using the limited space we have to maximum efficiency. The noise level in the production area is moderate to loud most of the time and temperatures vary seasonally in work areas.
Compensation and Benefits
This is an entry level position for someone looking to make a start in the rapidly growing craft cider industry. Many opportunities to grow will be made available to the right candidate. Coyote Hole Ciderworks offers competitive entry level wages that will be determined by experience.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line of "Job: Assistant Cider Maker"
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.
Job Type: Part Time
When: Nights and Weekends
Location: Throughout Virginia
Do you love craft cider? Do you like talking cider with anyone and everyone? Then we have the perfect job for you! We are currently hiring Brand Ambassadors who will be the face of Coyote Hole Ciderworks at off and on site events. Our Brand Ambassadors strive to spread our fun-loving culture and premium 100% Virginia grown hard cider all while having fun and creating Coyote Hole fans along the way. All events will be located in Virginia.
We are a family owned and operated company that is just about to hit our first year in business located at Lake Anna, VA. Our footprint is quickly spreading, events attendance is increasing and we need your help!
We are currently looking to add members to our team as Brand Ambassadors on a part-time basis. This job is both easy and rewarding with the right attitude, but we have high expectations of what you’ll be expected to learn and the customer service you provide. This is a part-time job that is for the most part nights and weekends.
To apply, please submit your resume with your availability and include a short note explaining what makes you passionate about the craft cider industry, as well as why you believe you are the right candidate for the role as a Brand Ambassador to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be 21+
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Have a passion for craft cider
- Customer service experience in a face-to-face capacity
- Ability to learn & think quickly
- Have a professional and positive attitude
- Good communication skills with team members and event audience
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests at events on a timely and friendly fashion
- Accurately transact POS sales through POS system
- Serving pints, filling growlers and tastings
- Conducting tastings and telling our story
- Setting up festival spaces (tents, tables, etc...)
- Setup of equipment at events (kegs, jockey boxes, etc...)
- Changing kegs & maintaining organization of event equipment
- Having a sincere desire to make every tasting experience memorable and engaging