April 29, 2018
10am - 5pm
Kids 12 & Under FREE
Coyote Hole Ciderworks
225 Oak Grove Drive
Mineral, VA 23117
Coyote Hole Ciderworks is going to the dogs! Come on out to the cidery on April 29th from 10am - 5pm for our first Pints for Paws Fundraiser - Cider and Dog Frolic. Bring your well behaved dog and kids for a day of fun and excitement. There will be great dog training events, demonstrations, dog related vendors and more! We'll have a fenced in area for dog play and agility demos along with raffles over the course of the day, music and a food truck.
50% of our VIP ticket price goes towards a scholarship to send a kid to attend the Mahogany Ridge summer camp in June. 20% of all cider sales this day will also go towards sending a kid aged 7-17 to Kids Camp this summer! Whats a better way to spend the day with your best friend then to enjoy some delicious cider, take part in dog training events and help send kids to summer camp in June?
Why be a VIP? You'll receive VIP treatment for you and your pup, express order line, entered into giveaways, front row seating to the demonstrations, a Coyote Hole Ciderworks' pint glass and two cider fills!
- 50% of Ticket Price Goes Toward a Scholarship for Child to Attend Camp in 2018
- Free Coyote Hole Pint Glass
- Two tickets for Pints of Cider
- Dog Treat Bag for the Fur Baby
- Entered Into Giveaways
- Front Row Seats to Demonstrations
- Dog Training Demonstrations
- Dog Related Vendors
- Live Music
- Raffles for Great Prizes
- Food Truck
KidsCamp! is a week-long day camp developed and designed for children (7 years and up) and their dogs, offering opportunity to learn and expand their knowledge through dog related activities and more.
Each day, training, not limited to obedience and agility, is balanced with lectures and demonstrations. While the dogs are resting, the kids learn to read a dog’s body language and how to work with their dog’s personality to achieve harmony for each team.
Subjects covered during the Kidscamp week:
- A Basic Study of Dogs: Nutrition, anatomy and physiology; the role of the veterinarian; all breeds and mixed breed dogs are discussed.
- A Trainer's Toolbox: How to use a leash and collar, equipment, voice and hands.
- Training Fundimentals: Communication, correction and praise; cleaning up after your pet.
- Basic Obedience: Place, sit, stay, heel, down, recall and touch.
- Agility: Wobble board, table, tunnel, dog walk, A frame, tire jump, chute and weave poles.
- Safety: Dog/dog interaction, handling dogs you don't know and reading a dog's body language.
- Hygiene: Equipment, bowls and you.
- Public speaking, problem solving and team building: Confidence building, motivating your dog and the pack.
Want your kid to go to camp? Check out camp registration at: https://form.jotform.com/80354642284154
Theresa Richmond was born and raised in Lake George, New York. Ever since she was little, Theresa has been surrounded by a variety of dogs, and her love and understanding of them has only grown. While her experience with training dogs started when she was only fourteen years old, it wasn’t until 1985 that Theresa met Jack and Wendy Volhard, the educators who impacted her profoundly, at their Instructor Training School. At that time, Theresa remembers asking Jack Volhard, “what do you think is the most important part of dog training?”
“The most important part to me is maintaining the integrity of the relationship with the dog,” was his answer. Theresa adopted the Volhards’ motivational method as her mission at Mahogany Ridge then, and has never looked back.
Mahogany Ridge is located in Culpeper, VA and Kidscamp! is in it's 30th year! Mahogany Ridge prides itself in the ability to raise scholarship funds for kids who cannot afford to attend camp.
VIP Tickets are $25 in advance and are available below. Kids 12 and under are free!
For more information, please contact us at anytime.
Sporting Dog Sponsor
Become a Vendor/Sponsor!